Wednesday, February 2, 2011

So one weekend, we drove 9 hours to see our friend

Something you may not know about me is that I have great college friends. We're an interesting grouping of people when you really get down to it...3 teachers, 1 accountant, 1 photographer/whatever else. Our conversations range far and wide! Emily is the one that has already settled down and gotten herself married, so she's living a little farther away now (Charlotte, NC). Unfortunately this means that we don't all get to hang out as much. I finally decided that it was time the rest of us paid her a visit. Only 3 of us could go, but it was a great journey nonetheless.


This is Miranda's "leave me alone, it's way too late for your shenanigans" face. We were all pretty delirious and tired because we made the trip after work on Friday. We ended up getting to Emily's at about 3AM. I can't tell you how happy I was to be out of the car and into a bed...and I was happy to see Emily too!


This was my cozy little space. The three of us packed into the guest room with a bed and a couple of air mattresses. It worked really well until I woke up at 5AM freezing cold and unable to fall back asleep. I had chosen the bed next to the window...bad decision. On top of that, the door to the room was shut, so the one vent in that room was having trouble keeping us warm. I moved my nest into the living room and finished the night on Emily's IKEA couch.


It was SUPER cozy! The cat and dog sleep in their kennels in the living room, so when I looked over they were both staring at me. If that wouldn't freak you out in the middle of the night, I don't know what would. Despite the creeping pets, I had a great rest and was ready the next morning to spend time with my buddies!

I'm so grateful to Scott & Emily for opening their cute apartment to us. It's so great not having to stay in a hotel room when you go somewhere! Be on the lookout for a few more North Carolina posts in the next few weeks. I'll try not to bombard you with them all at once :)

Have you guys taken any nice weekend trips lately?

7 comments:

Rebekah Frost said...

I enjoyed reading about your trip--I love NC! I hope you can go visit again before too long. I would love to roadtrip to see friends, but...it would take a plane to do that, and cloudtripping is expensive!

I had a fun weekend trip recently with a huge group of students. Americans, Koreans, British, Scottish, Burundian, and Australian were in my group. We went to a refugee camp and painted the Kenyan kids' faces--the paint shows up SO much better on their skin, and it was a blast :) I mostly took pictures (in my newest FB album), but eventually I became the rescuer of paintbrushes as the little Kenyan kids started painting each other's arms and legs...That's my weekend trip.

LOVE YOU and MISS YOUR FACE! SO MUCH!

SWEATshirtDRESSshirt said...

i hope you had/are having a great time in north carolina! i'm glad you were able to escape the cold that night. that would have sucked if you were stuck by the window.

by the way, i love your friend's ikea couch! ikea is the best place to get trendy/modern furniture!

XO,
SWEATshirt DRESSshirt

Ebony Arwen said...

I want all the photos at once! Now! I've never seen North Carolina so I'm very xcited for the photos. Haha, Miranda's face. I love the delirious times when you're overtired and can't sleep. Ends with lots of giggles in my case.

Ah waking up to pets staring, classic! It's always one of those "wish I had a camera in my eyes so I could share this" moments.

Yay for spending time with old friends!

Anonymous said...

I love Charlotte! Can't wait to hear more about the trip. The shopping...

And yes! I did just did a weekend college-friend trip myself! Still need to blog it... woops!

Diana Mieczan said...

Sounds like a fun visit and those Ikea sofas are really comfy, arent they? I should take a weekend trip sometime soon:) I miss them! Happy Friday, my dear
Kisses

Ashley Hasty said...

Unfortunately, I haven't. But this post is inspiring me to! I'm new to your blog and I'm already loving it!!
It was nice to *meet* you today!

<3 Ashley
www.ahastylife.com

ali v. said...

can't wait to see more from your trip to Charlotte! my husband and I did long distance for three years...and he was living there during all three! I miss it so much...

looks like you had a fun time catching up. college girlfriends really are the best. can't wait to read more from you, pretty lady! xoxo {av}

p.s. you should definitely stop by before Sunday...I'm hosting a giveaway which is lots of fun!