Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Lauren & Nick - Colorful Summer Wedding in West Tennessee

I was so excited to photograph this wonderful couple's wedding a couple of weeks ago. They are so sweet and love each other so much, I knew it would be a fun one. It was miserably hot out, but we managed to survive with lots of water and breaks in the air conditioning.

When I arrived at Horseshoe Lake Venue, I headed upstairs to photograph the girls getting ready. I also took lots of photos around the venue. Lauren did a beautiful job planning, and Bloom Floral Boutique really brought everything to life with the gorgeous flowers!




















After Nick got ready, he sat down to read the letter Lauren wrote to him.




They gave their flower girl and ring bearer the cutest little gifts!






When Lauren had her dress on, she read Nick's note.



Seriously LOVE when couples do this. Those letters will be such important keepsakes as they grow old together.

Next up it was time for their first look!







We had gotten started a little late, so we took just a few pictures in front of the barn with plans to do more during the reception.






How stinkin cute are these kids?! Once the ceremony was about to start, I headed down the path to get pictures of everyone processing in.




Her expression...I died laughing when I saw this while I was editing.









Finally married!!

After the ceremony, we took some pictures back up at the ceremony site. There was unfortunately no shade to be found where we could do family pictures, but we made due. At least it fit with her bright, colorful theme!


I call these next three photos "The Deterioration of a Toddler"




Poor thing was fed up. She perked back up later in the night though, and she was actually SUPER sweet and well-behaved all day, so her few tears in the heat of the day were no biggie.























We stepped away a few times during the reception for some more portraits.










They ended the evening with a sparkler exit before heading off into the sunset...



Congratulations to the Moodys! So glad they chose me to document this day for them. I may have sweated away half my body weight, but I sure did have fun!

Venue: Horseshoe Lake Venue
Bride's Dress: The Barefoot Bride
Floral: Bloom Floral Boutique
Cake: Ricky Mitchell
Catering: El Ranchito, Henderson, TN
Wine and Champagne: Oden's Liquor
Videography: Wallace Videography

No comments: