Saturday, December 24, 2016

Kayla & Daniel - Cozy Winter Wedding at Snider Farms in Jackson Tennessee

The second of my double-wedding-weekend earlier this month was a very special one to me. Kayla and I are college friends, it was the hugest honor to be her photographer! Daniel is such a perfect match for my sweet friend, and being there to witness and document this day was just the best. Here are some of my favorites from the day with my usual commentary interspersed. Hope you are all having a wonderful Christmas Eve!









The wedding was at The Barn at Snider Farms. It was decorated beautifully for the season. She had a lot of help from friends and family for the decorating, and everyone did a fabulous job. It all came together perfectly!

I started the day with some prep shots. It was super cramped, and I always have to use flash in that room, but I think I came away with some good ones.







Kayla and Daniel decided to do a first look since their ceremony would be after dark. Once she was ready, we did a very sweet first look with her dad, then we headed outside for her to see Daniel.





They had gifts for each other. I gave them a few minutes to talk and be just ridiculously adorable, then we started with the portraits of them and the bridal party.








Rachael Greenway did the bouquet, if I am remembering right. It was beautiful! Carla Putt did a lot of the other decorating.






The forecast for this day was pretty much all rain leading up to the day. It ended up being more sporadic, light rain up until the ceremony started. While I was trying to get this shot, it was sprinkling, but that was the only time we got rained on all day. That was a blessing!



Back in the barn, I was deciding where I wanted to place my light for the reception, and Hope was helping me out by modeling for me. She's so precious! She had the time of her life being a flower girl.


Soon it was time for the ceremony!











The ceremony was perfect! I loved their sweet vows and the prayer with their parents. After the ceremony, everyone headed in for the reception, and we hung out waiting for everything to get settled inside. We took a few random shots, but we'd gotten most everything done before. I did get this shot that I love though...


The draping with the string lights is so pretty in photographs! So after a little bit, it was time for intros, dancing, cake cutting and just an all-around great time. I've never seen so many people on the dance floor! It was a great group of folks, and I even put my cameras down for a little bit and joined in toward the end. Couldn't let them have all the fun! Thankfully, there are no photos of that.
















Two of the student photographers from work shot some video for Kayla. I can't wait to see what they put together! I get to work with some really talented students, and I get so excited seeing them out doing work for themselves.

They did their sparkler exit before the rain came back, and it was a lovely end to the night!



I had such a blast shooting this wedding. My second photographer Tracye Pulliam helped out so much during the reception, so that I could relax a little and enjoy celebrating. It was pretty perfect!

Merry Christmas, everyone! Hug your loved ones tight this season.

No comments: