Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Laura & Jacob's Twin Oaks Stylish Summer Wedding in Humboldt, Tennessee

Laura and Jacob are just a dream. They are both so friendly and genuine and clearly have a lot of fun together. I am so glad I was there to document this day for them!  



I started the day out with the girls. They were getting ready in the bridal suite at Twin Oaks, which is a great space with plenty of room. There are a couple of windows, so I love using that natural light when I can. Tricia Gulikers came back from Texas to do Laura's hair and makeup and it was FLAWLESS. She seriously does the most amazing job every single time.









After everyone was ready, they got Laura into her beautiful gown and we took some pictures. We did several of her alone, and then some with her bridesmaids and family. It was hot out, but it felt ok in the shade! Late August is still pretty hot and humid here in Tennessee, but we make the best of it.



Sand's Old Hickory Florist did a fantastic job on their bouquets!


After shots with Laura, I sent the girls back upstairs to cool off, and we got the guys out of their little groomsmen room for some pictures.



Jacob's boutonniere had a mallard feather in it. It tied in with his cheesecake, which I'll post further down!


We got Timber out for some pictures. So well-behaved! (I kept calling her Tinder...sorry, Timber)


After portraits, I got some detail shots while guests started to trickle in.











The cake was by Me and My Tea Room, who also did the food. I've done several weddings now with them, and they're wonderful! Super efficient and the food is always fantastic. After the detail shots, it was finally time for the ceremony!


A dog bridesmaid is seriously the best idea. I wish all weddings had dogs, and I'm almost positive I've said that at least 50 times on this blog already.














It was a beautiful ceremony! I loved the confetti that the bridal party threw at the end. I've only seen that a couple of times, and it is so fun. After hugs and kisses, we made our way back outside for pictures.













I loved their portraits, even though we pretty much took them all by that huge tree. It's just such a beautiful spot! After we got what we wanted (and got tired of sweating), we headed to the back for the reception for intros, toasts, cake and LOTS of dancing!
























That last little series of three shots cracked me up. I couldn't choose just one! It was such a fun reception. Congrats, Laura and Jacob! I wish you all the best.

Venue: Twin Oaks
Cake and Catering: Me & My Tea Room
Florist: Sand's Old Hickory Florist
Bride's Hair and Makeup: Tricia Gulikers


No comments: