Monday, July 25, 2016

Ruthie & Caleb - Englewood Wedding


A couple of weeks ago, I got to photograph this wonderful wedding at Englewood Baptist Church in Jackson. Ruthie and Caleb were Union students (just graduated!), and I was so thrilled that they chose me to document this day for them. It was such a fun day, full of lots of smiles and sweetness. They had some amazing decor and Sand's Old Hickory Florist did a stellar job with the florals. Here are some highlights from the day.



I started out with the girls at the salon, South of New York. They were mostly done when I got there, so I stayed for about 20 minutes before heading to the church. At the church I got shots of Ruthie and her bridesmaids getting makeup done.



Everyone was so chill and relaxed! It was a great group of people.



Got some shots of the groomsmen in their very bright blue room. 


Caleb and Ruthie exchanged letters and gifts before the ceremony. 


Time to get Ruthie in her dress! When her dad came in to see her, she had this really sweet moment with her parents. It was so wonderful to see.









Loved her first look with bridesmaids! After this, we did some photos in the sanctuary as well as outside behind the church. It was hot, but it wasn't unbearable, thankfully!



That bouquet shot on the left was by my second shooter, Angela Mast. So thankful to have had her there! She did a great job.







Got the guys out for a few photos too.  


I took some time between portraits and the ceremony to get pictures of all the beautiful decorations in the fellowship hall. 







They also had an awesome popcorn bar and popsicle station! None of that was out yet, so I got some photos of those at the reception.










The ceremony was beautiful! They had a couple of scripture readings by their parents and had a congregational hymn (Be Thou My Vision). Caleb's dad did a wonderful job officiating.


Not a technically good photo, but I love it. If I can, I always try to get shots of the bride and groom right after the ceremony.









After some portraits, they went into their reception, which was full of lots of friends and family! They did all the traditional reception events, and spent a lot of time greeting and hugging their loved ones.










Soon it was time for one of my favorite wedding exits EVER. Confetti! It was so pretty, and so much less stressful than sparklers. It helped that they had an early afternoon wedding in the summer...still light out when they left around 6.





Another super cute shot from Angela above. Love having different angles!


They ended up leaving a little bit earlier than planned, so I asked if they'd be up for a few more photos over by the Old English Inn (it's now used as the church's administrative building). They were totally in, so we headed over there. I'm so glad we were able to do this!







After that, they headed off to their relaxing honeymoon. 

Congrats, Ruthie and Caleb! 

Venue: Englewood Baptist Church
Floral: Sand's Old Hickory Florist
Videography: Bradford Carrington
Cake: Dumplins
Lighting: TB Lighting
Bride/bridesmaids hair: South of New York Salon

No comments: