Thursday, January 2, 2014

Things to do in 2014

For the past couple of years, I've made a list of things I wanted to do for the year. It's sort of like resolutions, but there is a mix of abstract goals as well as very measurable goals. I did ok in 2012, but to be honest, I kind of stunk in 2013. Despite not doing great with my list, I DID have an awesome year. I am so thankful for all of the opportunities I've had and the growth I've seen with my business in particular. Let's see how I did in 2013:
  1. Run a marathon - didn't end up doing this. I'm not disappointed though. It just wasn't in the stars!
  2. Do at least 5 personal/fun photoshoots - I only did two
  3. Get rid of stuff I don't need - minimize - I've done well with this! My closet is pretty thin, and I don't mind at all
  4. Paint the kitchen - this one is going on the list next year. Didn't have time this year. 
  5. Be a great wife - Rhett says I accomplished this one :) 
  6. Read my Bible regularly - Finished a chronological read through the whole Bible! This was a big accomplishment for me. 
  7. Continue to read a book a month - I read all 7 Harry Potter books in about a month, plus the rest of the books I read this year, so I'd say this was successful.
  8. Maintain fitness and eat cleaner more clean (eat cleaner sounds like I want to eat Clorox) - check!
  9. Decorate the guest rooms - This didn't happen even a little. I just can't get myself motivated!
  10. Organize the attic - This is overwhelming, so I never got around to it. 
  11. Save Mo $$$ - Did GREAT with this one. Trying to end each month with more money in the bank than the last. It worked out great. 
  12. Paint and re-floor studio - DONE! Need to post photos soon. Love my new studio.
  13. Make more time for friends - I did well with this! I get together with my friends in other towns almost monthly. I love seeing those ladies. 
  14. Keep the house clean - I'm horrible at this. The house isn't filthy, but it isn't great. 
8 out of 14. Meh. At least it's over half! 


  1. Pay off car - I did the math and unless some odd circumstances come up, I CAN DO THIS!
  2. Clean out shed - There's a lot of junk in there that just needs to be tossed. The rest is storage, but it's not much. I don't need the space, I just hate knowing all that junk is out there crawling with spiders.
  3. Shoot my own trash the dress session - this is a maybe. I know I want to do a trash the dress the session, but I'm not 100% that I want it to be a self portrait. We'll see! It'll be a cool session either way. 
  4. Make progress on saving for a Canon 5D Mark III - Might take a couple of years to save up, but I'd like to make progress this year. Maybe half the amount. 
  5. Run 900 miles - this is VERY lofty. If I really kill it this year, it's doable. Let's hope I don't have any major injuries. 
  6. Watch 20 movies in my "1001 Movies to See Before You Die" book
  7. Paint the Kitchen - yep, this is here again. It's seriously time. 
  8. Maintain good habits - Drinking water, exercising, eating well most of the time.
  9. Rebrand business to Kristi Woody Photography - already brainstorming ideas for this one!
  10. Read at least a book a month - This is a goal each year and I love it! I've rediscovered my love for reading over the last few years. 
  11. Build up product and food portfolio - I did a little of this in 2013, but I'm excited to keep the momentum. 
Like I said before, 2013 was a wonderful year! We got our little puppy companion, Chipper, who has turned out to be such a fun little guy to have around (most of the time...when he's not eating important papers). I started putting a lot more effort into my photography business, and it's really paid off. I've had some truly amazing clients this year and learned so much. I am so thankful for everything God has blessed me with this year, and I'm looking forward to what He has in store for next year! 

I hope you all have had an amazing year as well. I'd love to see what every one else's 2014 goals are, so leave a link in the comments if you blogged a list! Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm super inspired to get productive! Thank you for sharing. :)

Paulie Antiques said...

I relate a lot with the getting rid of things I don't need! I've been doing this all year and pretty much every time I move to a different location. It feels so good!!! And also about the smoke fountains- try to buy some that last longer than 45 seconds. The bigger, the better! Good luck on your search and happy new year!!!

love, polly :)
www.pollybland.com