Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Lunch with Ryan and the Work Crew



I am so blessed to work in an amazing environment every day. I work as a web designer at a small Baptist university (Union University), and I share a big office with the two print designers. Each semester we have a student graphic designer to help with their workload, and when I first started here that designer was Ryan. Ryan and I quickly became good friends, and I'm so glad that we still hang out now! Not long ago he had all of us, plus the other web guy (my boss man) over for lunch to catch up. He made us some delicious chicken/tomato/mozzarella sandwiches, risotto and salad! It was a lovely meal with great conversation.






After lunch Ryan showed us around his house and we got to check out his awesome linotype font  collection (a gift from his dad). I think it's linotype...Ryan, you can correct me if I'm wrong. They have such a neat house. It looks pretty average from the outside, but there's a great covered patio PLUS and awesome sunroom with gorgeous window light, which they use as a studio.

I love getting to hang out with friends, especially work friends. I think it's amazing that we all have such a good relationship. I know a lot of people who just go in to work, sit there, then leave. I would be so bored if I didn't have these people to talk with from day to day! I know they probably won't ALWAYS be my coworkers, but I can't imagine a better group of people to spend 8 hours a day with. I feel like they will be lifelong friends, no matter where our individual lives take us. And these are just the few I work closely with. The rest of our office is amazing too!

1 comment:

ryanoetting said...

Ahh!! I'm clearly a terrible friend because I'm just seeing this (which means I haven't checked your blog enough!). This is great! Glad you guys could come hang out. I'll cook for you anytime. :)