Thursday, October 4, 2012

Home

So my roommate, Paige (not actually my roommate anymore...but it feels weird not to call her that), is an artist. A GREAT artist. She worked at Anderson Ranch this summer and she came back with some great new work. She just put a show up in our campus coffee shop, Barefoots Joe, and I had to go check it out.






I have only gotten to talk briefly about it with her, but I know it's based around home and family.Think about how many different types of homes there are. The houses are all made from the same mold, but they are all so different. The houses on the big wall are upside down, showing the foundations to be in various states. As a Christian I view the homes with solid foundations to be homes where God is the foundation of the family. Considering I'm about to start a family with Rhett this weekend, this show actually means a lot to me. I know that my family has to be grounded in Christ to thrive. That doesn't mean there won't be hard times...I'd be naive to believe that! But a family with God as it's foundation is a family that survives those hard times.

Paige, if you're reading this, feel free to leave a comment further explaining the show! I know I'd love to read it...since I won't see you for a few weeks :)

This is probably my last post until after the honeymoon! If I have time, which I doubt I will, I'll schedule a post about my friend's surprise birthday party, but please forgive me if I forget :) By 5:30 Saturday I will be a married woman, guys! And by lunch on Sunday I'll be in Disneyworld with my awesome husband! I think I'm more excited about going to Disney than I am about the wedding day. I know we're going to have a blast. I hope you all have a wonderful week and a half! I'll miss you.

1 comment:

Scissortail Art Center said...

Paige have a website or last name? That's a rockin' installation; jealous of her time at Anderson Ranch!