Saturday, May 12, 2012

Wine Down the Alley

On Thursday evening Kelsey, Paige, and I participated in a fun event downtown. Jackson is really trying to build up the downtown area, and from what I can tell, they're doing a good job! They have events down there pretty often and there are some awesome new businesses popping up. I happened to see a call for artists to set up booths at this event called Wine Down the Alley, so I signed us up. We went into it mainly just to have fun and meet people instead of trying to sell sell sell. I literally NEVER sell anything when I set my photos up, but it's fun to talk to people about them and hear their comments.




There were 5 or 6 other artist booths set up along the alley and tables with various wines and beers for people to sample. A couple of the local restaurants had samples out as well. Guys, Charlie Bulldogs had some samples and DANG, I need to go there...like tonight. It was gooooooooood. We met some really fun and interesting people, and I think I'd definitely like to set up at other events in the future. It's just nice to get out and do something!

As this is posting, I'm making my way through the Nashville airport about to head to Florida. Please send me happy thoughts as I very much dislike flying these days. I used to love it as a kid, but not so much now. But once I get there, it'll be great! I plan on reading lots and lots of books and enjoying some rest and relaxation. I hope to return in a very rejuvenated state. I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

1 comment:

cb said...

what a fun little fair! the alley looks super awesome what with all that artwork on the brick! i love those crosses, i am a fan of crosses and have a bunch around the house even though i am not religious. something about them is so pretty!
xo,
cb