Monday, May 21, 2012

Abby's Dainty and Adorable Shower

My dear friend Abby was sweet enough to invite little 'ole me to her recent bridal shower. It was another lingerie shower, and we know how uncomfortable I get at those! This one actually turned out very nice. There wasn't a lot of joking around about sexy things, which is what makes me uncomfortable...it was quite a classy shower. Abby's sweet roommate, Keely, put it together, and she even got a couple of Abby's married friends to come talk and give Abby some encouragement and advice. Between all that, the adorable decor, and the amazing food, it was a great shower!



For favors Keely stitched each of our initials in a vintage hanky. SO CUTE!   




This was a little game we played. There was a question and answer on each line, and we had to circle who we think gave the answer. I failed miserably. It was a lot of fun to play though, and the winner got a great little prize too!


I love that they used mismatched dessert plates. I don't know if I've mentioned it, but I'm planning on doing that for my reception. I've already got over 50 dinner plates and about 40 dessert plates collected! I'm pretty excited about it. 




The bride and me! Do you recognize the dress that I'm wearing? It's the one I got from Stitch Fix! I actually got some compliments and was able to tell a few of the girls about Stitch Fix. I'm not sure if they signed up, but I hope so. It's SO MUCH FUN. If you guys haven't checked it out yet, you can sign up here and see what it's all about.

I hope everyone's week gets off to a good start! I had a super busy weekend. Saturday I had an engagement shoot then I had to shoot graduation...from the top of our bell tower. That was just emotionally exhausting since I'm afraid of heights. And yesterday was my baby sister's last dance recital! She only wanted to do five years of dance, so she's going to switch to gymnastics next year. Now that I've typed it out, it doesn't seem like I had THAT much to do...oh well.

3 comments:

cb said...

the shower is so freakin cute! i love all the decorations so much! the strawberries looks awesome and so yummy! me want!
xo,
cb

cabin + cub said...

love the decorations! so cute!!! ;)

alicia said...

showers usually make me want to kill myself, but this one looks pretty cute!

<3