Friday, March 2, 2012

Objects of Containment


Last month, my roommates had their art show, Objects of Containment, up in Freed Hardeman University's art gallery. When they had their reception, I made sure to get a few photos to show on here. It turned out really nice! There were quite a few people there, and the girls did a great job explaining their work.




Kelsey cheesin'



Maybe one of these days, I'll get to do another show with my miniature photos. Getting a photography show together is a pain though. Frames are crazy expensive and you have to be really careful not to get fingerprints on them...it's just not fun. If it was a relatively low-key venue, it might be better, so I wouldn't have to worry as much about it. My bank hosts art shows at one of their branches, so I might look into that soon. I feel like I need to do something like that to force me to take some new images.

3 comments:

Annalise said...

What a fun event. Your friends are very talented. I hope you get to do another show again soon. Even if it can be a hassle I'm sure it's worth it. I love your images too!
XOXO

cb said...

it must be really fun to put on a show though, nerve racking as it is but seeing all the people come support you must be so heart warming. i would love to put together a show!
xo,
cb

Diane Fit to the Finish said...

Wow! I'm so impressed. Your friends are very talented. I never really thought about all the work that goes into something like that.