Thursday, March 22, 2012

Embroidery Gifts

I feel like it's been forever since I blogged! I guess it's only been about a week, but that's kind of a long break. I've been busy working on some product photos and such, and now I'm on Spring break. We ended up getting TWO days off this year! It's awesome. I love having extra days off to catch up on things and relax a little. I've been re-watching Dexter while editing. I had almost forgotten how good that show is!

Today my coworker is celebrating the first birthday of his little twin babies (pictures here and here). I can't believe it's been a whole year! This time last year, I had just started trying some hand-embroidery, and decided to make some pieces for the twins. Of course I kept setting it aside and wasn't even remotely close to finishing when they were born. I finally picked it back up a few months ago and finished them.




I really enjoyed making them! I used patterns from Sublime Stitching, who has some AMAZING patterns. Scott and Kelly met and got engaged at camp, so I thought it would be fun to use outdoors themed patterns. I really liked Leila's when I finished, but once i finished Allie Kate's I liked her's better. I definitely want to do some more pieces since it's really fun, I just need to find more people to make them for.

Do any of you embroider? Isn't it so much fun?! I hope you all are having a great (almost) weekend. I'm going to Nashville tomorrow to hang out with my friend, Alanna, and see Lights again. It's going to be so much fun!

1 comment:

cb said...

kristi! you are becoming a pro at this! they look fantastic and super cute! what great gifts! i think this year i am going to make napkins or dish towels as christmas gifts! i have all the supples so why not!
xo,
cb