Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Lights, Take Two

I guess it was about a year and a half ago when Alanna and I went to see Lights in concert. It was a pretty small crowd at the teeny-bopper venue, Rocketown. By small I mean, like MAYBE 100 people. So you can imagine our surprise when we got to Rocketown this weekend an hour early for our second Lights show to see that a line had already formed. That show was SOLD PLUMB OUT. I was seriously shocked. I guess I just didn't realize how much she had caught on! In a way, I was excited because it's great when an artist you like is selling out shows. But mostly I was just bummed that it would be yet another show spent digging my heels into the ground to keep from getting pushed aside (which still somehow happens).




I know I used to be one, but teenagers can be extremely obnoxious. If you don't know about Rocketown, it's this place started in Nashville that's a no smoking/no drinking hangout for teens in the area. It's a great idea, and I love that it's there, but going to a concert there is hard. I'm a little partial to 21+ shows. There were some serious weirdos near us yelling things like "can I have your face?!" and "you're so hot!" Wait, what?! Hush and just enjoy the music...I mean really. If you want to gawk at her, buy a magazine. Also, can't you just take like 10-15 pictures and give it a rest? Is it really necessary to take a picture of every move she makes? Answer: no, no it is not.

Sorry for the mini-rant. Despite the irritating 13 year olds, I really enjoyed her show. I liked the last one, but she was even better this time. She's added a lot more electronic fun (sorry, don't know the lingo) that made it really great live. My favorite in the set was Where the Fence is Low, which I actually hadn't paid attention to on the album. It was just so good live! Give it a listen:



Where The Fence Is Low by Lights on Grooveshark

1 comment:

cb said...

yea teenyboppers are really annoying, were we that annoying? i like to think that i wasn't...a old soul that didn't act stupid ;D i have never heard of her but i will check her out! i love hearing new music! i hope to go to a concert in april! i need to get my groove on! seriously! glad you had a great time!
xo,
cb