Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Thai Cafe

This little town doesn't have a ton of good places, but the few we do have are really good! This one local place called Thai Cafe is definitely one of my favorites. I love the bright colors inside, and everyone has always been extremely nice there. They are slow sometimes and they have really limited hours, but the friendly atmosphere and great food make up for it. Rhett and I have been there together a few times, and love their noodles.



I hate that the local places are always the most deserted. I enjoy places like this because it's unique to the area instead of being just like everything else. I think Jackson just isn't a good place for people to start a business...most of them don't survive. I think a lot of it has to do with locations (people can't afford the prime locations that corporations can get) and lack of advertising. I don't get why people don't see the value in advertising. It's ESSENTIAL for getting customers. Speaking of local business...my favorite local coffee roaster/cafe is closing on Friday. It's mostly because the owner moved and couldn't find anyone to buy it. I know it's dumb, but I'm actually really upset about it. I guess life goes on, but Gusta Java is going to leave a huge hole in the Jackson coffee situation.

At least I still have Thai Cafe though, right?! *please don't close please don't close please don't close*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow yummmmmi dish ....
http://fashionstyle-pk.blogspot.com

Mila said...

yummy!

cb said...

i really need to go eat more thai, i haven't had it in a while! the stained glass design with the bird is sooo cute! i love it and i love how bright and happy the place is!
xo,
cb