Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Companion Gallery Photos

Just a little up the road from Jackson is a cozy vineyard/winery with a pottery studio and gallery up on the hill. The owner of the studio is my friend Eric Botbyl, and he spends his days making gorgeous pottery, teaching other people to make gorgeous pottery, and displaying/selling all of this said gorgeous pottery in his gallery. It's a neat place! A while back I photographed the gallery before a big sale they had, and I wanted to share the results. If you find yourself in Humboldt, Tennessee (or any place close) you should hop over to the Crown Winery for a bottle of Chambourcin (or whatever you fancy...it's all good) and then go get a Botbyl Pottery goblet to drink it out of.


Amelia Stamps (AMAZING!) 




This colorful work is by my friend/former roommate/running buddy, Kelsey Nagy.






The Companion Gallery also carries soap from Made on Acorn Hill and a variety of jewelry, even some bracelets by the young Botbyl girls.









I've got so much pottery that I'm running out of room for it. No matter, I'll just keep stacking them deeper and deeper. Rhett complains that I have way too much, but I just ignore it. You can never have too much pottery! I love knowing exactly who made the mug I am drinking my morning coffee from. Some of my favorite pieces are from my best buddies who are potters (looking at you Kelsey and Paige).

Do you guys use handmade pottery?

No comments: