Saturday, October 15, 2011

Running Inspiration

A friend of mine shared a quote with me once: "No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch." I try to remember this when I run, because I'm not a fast runner. I still keep up with my time, even though it doesn't really matter...because it's nice to see improvement here and there.

Anyway, the aforementioned friend (Malarie) had a birthday coming up, so I set out to design her a poster as a gift. She had mentioned that this was one of her favorite weight-loss inspirational quotes, so I thought it was perfect.


I'm pretty happy with how it turned out! I don't do much design anymore, so I like to practice every now and then. I don't want to lose everything. Designing posters as gifts is a great way to keep myself from stopping completely.

I hope you all are inspired by this quote as well. It's great to get moving and get your blood stirring, no matter how you do it. Running, walking, going on a picnic, or even jumping on the trampoline (that is actually an excellent way to burn calories from what I've heard). I'll be doing either a 6 or 7 mile run tomorrow...and I'll be repeating this to myself when I feel like I can't pick up my feet anymore!

3 comments:

Ana McMurry said...

This quote is very inspirational, I will try to remember it every time I run! Great job on the design too, it is simple and to the point! Keep up the great work and have fun running tomorrow!

alicia said...

but i LOVE the couch! i'll just have to wave to everyone lapping me whilst i eat chips and watch project runway... ;D

cb said...

It looks really great and what a great thoughtful gift! I am sure she loved it!
Xo,cb