Monday, March 9, 2015

Jeff & Emily's Snowy Engagement Session at Meeman-Shelby Forest State Park Memphis


I was so so so excited when Emily contacted me a few weeks ago about shooting her wedding. She and I were on yearbook staff together in high school, and I hadn't seen her in years. We used to have so much fun on staff! Those days seem so long ago, and now we're all grown up. And she's getting married! It was great to meet Jeff too, and they are so great together.

We set a date for the engagement shoot and planned to meet at Meeman-Shelby Forest State Park near Memphis. Little did we know if was going to snow a few days before. It turned out to be perfect because the roads were clear, but the park is wooded so there was still plenty of snow! I honestly could have stayed out there and shot for hours, especially if I had been wearing proper footwear. Suede flat shoes don't work well in the cold, wet snow, just FYI.


















Aren't they adorable?! They are so sweet together, and I barely had to tell them what to do. I love when couples interact so naturally. We went out for coffee after the shoot to warm up and talk about wedding details. It was a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

Hope you guys enjoyed the photos :) I took a few film shots as well, so I'm excited to get those back. It's rare that I get to shoot in the snow here in West Tennessee!

No comments: