Monday, September 26, 2011

Colonel Mustard and the Purple Socks

Yesterday I posted about shopping at Honeybean, and today I'm wearing one of my purchases!

 details:
shirt- Honeybean
tank- H&M
belt- thrifted
necklace- estate sale
pants- Target
shoes- Aerosoles

Yesterday I wore the blue skirt to church, but I didn't leave it on long enough to take pictures (it was a sweatpants around the house kind of day). But today I sported the mustard yellow men's shirt that I picked up! I know it's weird, but it reminds me of my granddaddy. He always wore button down shirts (though never in mustard and always with suspenders) so I feel like I'm channeling him with this outfit.


Since it's a men's cut, it's not really practical to button it all the way down unless I'm tucking it in. The bottom button barely fastens because I have wide WOMAN-ly hips :) I figured wearing it open with a tank and a belt would be just as good! It's easing me into cardigan weather, which I'm actually pretty excited about.

Ok, now I'm going to share another outfit on another girl! 


This is my dear friend Margaret. She is a senior at the school I work at, and we've been buddies now for a couple of years. One of her current assignments is to photograph a staff member in their environment, and she chose me! Since my environment is my desk...that's where she photographed me. If she sends me the photo, I'll post it for you guys.


Margaret has always been one of my fashion inspirations. She has a quirky style and always finds the best pieces at thrift stores (like those booties)! Since she was kind enough to take a few photos of my outfit, I decided I would share hers as well. I just love the over-the-knee socks! I tried it once last year, but I have a hard time making it work. Margaret pulls the look off perfectly.


Thanks, Margaret, for choosing me for your project! I hope it turns out well. And to my readers, I hope your Monday is going swimmingly...or as swimmingly as a Monday can go (so I guess maybe dog-paddlingly)

4 comments:

cb said...

LOVE that mustard yellow and purple! it looks great! when it gets colder i am gonna try my yellow dress and purple tights!
xo,
cb

Aya Smith said...

So many pieces that are completely gorgeous! I think those boots at the bottom seriously brought a tear to my eye...

Aya ♥ Strawberry Koi

Anonymous said...

all shoes...are great


http://secondvogue.blogspot.com/a

Claire Hart said...

everything about this outfit is gorgeous! i adore everything <3 xxx