Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Dexter

I have a confession to make...my life has been pretty consumed by something lately. The surprising thing is that it's a tv show. I am by no stretch a tv junkie. Most of the tv that I watch is at night, right when I'm getting in bed. Other than that, I watch America's Next Top Model, Desperate Housewives, and the occasional Tosh.O.


Well, Friday I found myself with some time to kill, Netflix, and a bowl of popcorn. I browsed my options and decided on Dexter because...well...I don't know why. I used to love watching crime shows, so I guess I figured I would enjoy it. Boy, do I! I just finished the second season, so I'll probably start the third tonight. It's so addictive, you guys. It's not the bad kind of addictive though...not like Jersey Shore or Real Housewives. It's a genuinely GREAT show. It kind of scares me how detached I get when I watch it...like someone could walk in the room and I wouldn't even know it. It's just that engaging! I definitely recommend it if you want to get sucked into something...but really, who does. 

The only thing is that it's Showtime, so the language is...um...realistic I guess. There are also some pretty graphic parts, but I'm squeamish and I haven't had a problem yet. 

So, I guess the point of this post is to apologize for my lack of posting so far this week. I guess it's good to take a break every once in a while. So we'll consider this a recharging of batteries. Do any of you guys watch the show?

4 comments:

Jen said...

Everyone keeps telling me "Jen, you've GOTTA watch Dexter!" Netflix... here i come! ;-)

Happy Wednesday Darling! xo

cb said...

i need to get back to dexter...i watched i think the first 3 seasons and then when i couldn't stream in online anymore as we don't have cable we stopped...i really do love dexter i can see how you got swallowed up by the show!

xo,
cb

Diana Mieczan said...

My friends watch the show and I totally need to start:) Kisses and hugs
Happy Thursday

TLF said...

I've seen it up until Season 4. I can't get super into it. It's just okay... for me.