Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year + New Baby


There's a new baby in my boyfriend's family! Hooray! This is his sister and her adorable little girl who was born last night. I feel like having a baby is a GREAT way to start the new year, and I'm sure her year is going to be packed full of great experiences with this little ball of cuteness.

I hope that all of my readers had a HAPPY NEW YEAR! I am a little late with the well-wishes, but better late than never. I've been pondering how I might live this next year a little differently than last year. I know I'll change and grow as a person, and you never know what huge life changes I might make! I graduated college this year, which is a pretty big deal from what I hear. I also spent this year at my first post-college job (part time until June), and I really couldn't ask for a better place or a better group of people to work with.  I bought the camera of my dreams this year, after saving my money for what felt like forever. It's was a great year!

Here are a few goals that I might try to carry out this year:
  1. Think before I buy, and spend a limited amount each week. I tend to go through weeks where I spend well over my "budget," and I always suffer for it later. 
  2. Take the next step in my relationship. Maybe that's engagement...maybe not. I really don't have control over that :)
  3. Work hard on learning more about photography and how I can improve. I don't want to plateau, and I fear that's what's happening. 
  4. Keep focusing on eating and exercise habits. I've been doing good for a few months, and I want to keep moving forward. I still need to work on eating more vegetables.
I don't want to get too resolutiony, so I'll stop there. I've heard some GREAT resolutions in the last few days, and seeing what other people are doing is really a good inspiration to keep myself on track. I hope the rest of you are doing well on your goals for 2011! I can't wait to see what goes down this year.


As a sort of commemoration for 2010, I made a set on Flickr of my favorite images of the year. I guess I can compare those with next year's to see if I achieved goal #3!

Well, that's all for now. Best wishes in 2011, everyone! Let's see how long it takes to get used to writing 11 until 10. I'm guessing at least 2 weeks for me. 

5 comments:

TLF said...

Oh my, precious!!

cb said...

what a sweet picture! great resolutions too sweetie! if you want to get a good work out i suggest getting the jut dance for the wii, such a fun want to burn some calories :D

happy new year! can't wait to see more of your photography throughout the year!

xo,
cb

Oh, My Darling said...

Happy new year!! Here's to a fantastic 2011!

(Also, cutest baby ever.)

Kenziefaith said...

That picture is so lovely! All of your goals for this year are great.

BTW, I looove your blog design - it's super cute!

KF x

Holly said...

What a SWEET baby! I agree, what a beautiful way to start the year. I wish you lots of luck and happiness this year!