Monday, August 27, 2012

Read a Book a Month: July


Is it just me or is thirteenth kind of a weird word? I spelled it out and it just doesn't look right! Ok, anyway, The Thirteenth Tale was my book for July (thanks to my online book club), and it's one of my favorites so far from this year. I enjoyed the intricately woven story and the interesting characters. One of my all-time favorites is Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier, and this was along the same vein...probably why I enjoyed it. I will say the story got a little crazy as it was wrapping up, but it was still good. I feel like the author could have left off a few of the twists and it still would have been an exceptional book without being over the top. It's definitely an excellent read, especially if you like twists and surprises.

No comments: