Friday, August 17, 2012

Bedroom Furniture

A while back I received some early wedding gifts from close family members. First, my mom helped me pick out a king sized bed and gave it to us. It's amazing! Rhett and I are covering the mattress, but it was so nice to have the bed as a gift. The second gift came from T and Pop. They wanted to get me an antique piece of furniture and they ended up picking out this beautiful wardrobe from a local place. My stepdad went and picked it up for me, and Rhett helped him get it in the house. Lucky for us it comes apart so it was super easy to move!

 getting all the pieces laid out

 See the bed?! This was pre-mattress. I'll post a picture with the pretty bedding soon.




It wasn't very hard to put together since Guy got to watch them take it apart. It has some beautiful details on the top and side, some of which you can see in the pictures. I also love the color of the wood. I know my furniture doesn't really match, but I just really don't care. As long as I like each piece separately, I don't feel like it all has to go together. Does anyone have any guesses about what kind of wood this is made of? I don't know anything about antiques so I don't know what era it is or anything! I just know it's pretty :)



Dudley enjoyed a short amount of time with the wardrobe. He's not allowed in my room anymore because I want it to be relatively kitty-dander free. Rhett is allergic! It was hard to kick him out at first, but we've both adjusted. I know it'll be better for Rhett when he gets here, and I guess my person love trumps my feline love. So far, I'm loving both my bed and wardrobe. They are both really big, so I don't have room for much else, but I kind of like the minimal approach. I am slowly starting to put stuff in the wardrobe and it's freeing up a lot of space in my closet, which is nice.

I hope you all enjoy a wonderful weekend! I am going to TRY to get a lot of work done Saturday while also doing a fun dinner party with some friends. After this weekend the rest of my weekends will be full until the wedding. Ahhhh...so much to look forward to!

6 comments:

a little black cloud in a dress said...

I love that wardrobe! I don't like matchy furniture in a room. I think random pieces look so much nicer together.

cb said...

Wow, what great gifts! Both are great pieces too. I dont like matchy stuff either but loving each piece seperatley is perfect. Cant wait to see it all together!
Xo,cb

alicia said...

JEALOUS.

Satin and Souffles said...

Okay, Dudley is the coolest name for a cat! He is adorable haha! I love the colour oif your room!! xx

www.satinandsouffles.com
www.satinandsouffles.com

Hena Tayeb said...

I love the details on the wardrobe.. gorgeous

Stacey said...

really beautiful piece of furniture and i adore the colour on the wall!