Monday, August 13, 2012

Coral Weekend


Sometimes I have to come up with an excuse to actually put some effort into my appearance, and Saturday was one of those days. I asked Margaret if she wanted to get together and take some outfit shots, so that was my excuse this time. I put together some of my newer (and new favorite!) items, and it was a great outfit for just running a few errands and enjoying a nice day. CONFESSION: I didn't actually wear these shoes all day...I slipped on some comfortable sandals for walking around stores. Hey, don't judge.






First, let's talk about that fun shirt! I got it in my most recent Stitch Fix, and this was the first time I've worn it. The fabric was a little clingy, but it was overall pretty comfortable! I like loose tops like that, especially when they are a pretty color. Recently I got two pair of Levi's at the outlet in Nashville, and I love them both, especially these gray ones! I definitely recommend them (just don't buy them online...made that mistake once). The daffodil earrings came from a shop on Etsy (stranded treasures). She makes them from polymer clay, and she can do different color combos. I was thinking of wearing them in the wedding, but now that I have them I don't think I will. My favorite flower is the daffodil, but the earrings don't look as much like daffodils in person as I anticipated. Oh well! I still like them.



details:
top- Ark and Co. from Stitch Fix
jeans- Levi
shoes- Target
earrings- Etsy

Saturday was actually a really great day. I didn't have any obligations, so I was able to work on a lot of projects for the wedding. I even got to go grocery shopping! I will say that sitting cross-legged in my floor cutting strips of paper wasn't great on my knees. I'm still a little sore from all that crafting :)

7 comments:

cb said...

You look super sassy in the first picture, i like! The shirt with the earrings is great! I remember that shirt from your last stitch fix post. I really need to try that out! I also love the ones of you on the tire swing, it looks so sweet and looks like lots of fun!
Xo,cb

a little black cloud in a dress said...

that color looks good on you! also, I have those same shoes. :]

Pati Mo said...

Love your light green nail polish! Xx

Diana Mieczan said...

That colour is perfect for you and the top looks amazing:) Those are the sweetest photos. I especially love the one before the last one. Happy Wed, sweetie.

his little lady said...

i love all the tiny details of your outfit. you are just too cute, girl!
xo TJ

Kim said...

love the shirt. and the color. you look adorable!

-kim
found the route

Lauren Leggatt said...

SUCH a cute shirt, love the little cut out bits! :) cute shoes too!