Thursday, July 7, 2011

300th post - hellooo South Carolina!

I'm finally back in my routine after a much needed vacation to the lovely Charleston, South Carolina. My cousin Mallory and I went there to visit my aunt and uncle for the holiday weekend. We left immediately after I got off work Thursday afternoon and drove 11 hours through the night. The first 7 hours went by so quickly! We stopped for some food, snacks, gas, etc., and it seemed to fly. Once we were about 4 hours away, it started to drag. I guess that was when I started to get really sleepy. But we did end up making it!



I discovered something new (to me) on the trip. Perfume machines! I saw it and thought "hey, that's neat. I can get a little perfume sample as a little travel souvenir." So I put my quarter in, selected "Sunflowers" and pulled the lever. Out comes a powerful stream of thick liquid loosely called "perfume." Mallory and I pretty much fell on the floor laughing. She thought about warning me, but decided against it for comedy's sake. If I had read the machine, I'm sure the word SPRAY would have clued me in, but I just don't roll that way. So I spent the rest of the drive smelling like...something. I don't know what it smelled like, but it definitely wasn't sunflowers.


Since we arrived right around 5 AM, we decided to drive straight to the beach to see the sunrise. Getting to the beach was an adventure! We ended up not actually facing east, but it was still a beautiful sight. I wish I could see this every single day. I'm insanely jealous of all the people that live on the coast, especially those that were out running and walking their dogs while the sun rose. WHAT A LIFE!









I hope you all enjoyed the pictures! I look totally sexy, right? I always look my best after an 11 hour road trip.

Oh, I should mention that this is my 300th post on this blog! All of you readers make me feel so special with ever single comment. I don't know a lot of you, but that doesn't stop me from loving you all! Thanks for being readers. I hope I've entertained you sufficiently for the past 300 posts.

6 comments:

SewSweetStitches said...

Love the photo with the little shell! The perfume machine is hilarious, I've never seen one either!

cb said...

what?!?! i have never heard of a perfume vending machine, how cool! great pictures sweetie! i love the one of your cute tooties on that sand! what a beautiful pattern the sand made! so so coool!

xo,
cb

Angie Woody said...

I always love reading your blogs. I am glad that you had a good time on your trip. Love you.

a little black cloud in a dress said...

great photos! I'm jealous of people who live near the beach too. And I suck at road trips. I get bored after about 2 hours.

alicia said...

mmm...curly fries! alo, where can i get a perfume machine???

Anonymous said...

Very sexy. I know I always look fantastic after making that drive. PS laughed out loud about the perfume. Remind me to tell you what they give away for free at the public restrooms here in SA :)