Friday, June 1, 2012

Read a Book a Month: April


Let's go back in time a bit, so I can share my book for April with you. My book club group picked this book Divergent by Veronica Roth for the month. It's along the same vein at Hunger Games, so I was unsure how I was going to like it. About 5 minutes into reading, though, and I was hooked. I think I finished this in less than 3 days, which just means that I was obsessed. It was so good that I was reading while I was sitting at red lights (not saying that's the best idea), and I remember sitting in my car before a meeting until the very last second just so I could read a few more pages. I honestly don't even want to try to go deep into the book because I'm TERRIBLE at explaining plots. I will just say that this was a much smoother read than Hunger Games, and it was way more interesting/less depressing to me. Read the description on Amazon to get a full picture, but honestly, I suggest this book to everyone. I've already lent it to 3 other people (as you can see from the bent cover) and they all loved it too.

This is why I LOVE my book club ladies. I probably would have never heard of this series, and it turned out to be something I really enjoyed. After reading Divergent in a couple of days, I decided to start on Les Miserables. I'm still reading other books, but in between smaller ones I'm plugging away at Les Mis :) I think I'm about 300 pages in....of 1500. Woo!

No comments: