Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Build Your Wishlist

Hello friends and wonderful followers! Thank you to everyone for the sweet sympathy for my family after my last post. It means a lot to me that you guys care.


Today I want to talk about wishlists. If you're like me, your family member/friend/partner is always asking what you want for Christmas. I can almost never think of something off the top of my head, because at this point in life I just buy things I want. I don't mean I have an unlimited supply of money, but if something comes up that I need/want and is within budget, I get it.

I hope I'm not the only one that can never come up with anything. I'm usually thinking of things I need for the house, like a blender or a vacuum, but I feel like most people want to give something more fun and personal. So my solution to this is to create a wishlist on Etsy and Pinterest to keep up with things I like throughout the year. I usually include things that I would love to have, but can't justify buying for myself. Luckily, this is the perfect type of thing to ask for! (Confession: a few of my favorites are actually things that are so ridiculously expensive, I would never ever get them...but I still wish for them. haha)

I love this headband from Branchbound. It's close enough to my hair color so it would be a subtle accessory, which I would love. This is the kind of gift I would suggest to someone who asked.

This gorgeous ring from vdeux is something I would ask for from my boyfriend. We've always stayed around $100, so this is just about perfect! Of course it might be weird for him to give me a ring that wasn't an engagement ring at this point :)

How do you guys keep up with your wishlists? Do your relatives/friends/partner ask for some ideas?


3 comments:

alicia said...

bear and i keep DETAILED amazon wishlists. you can add a button to your browser that adds items from any website to your wishlist! it's very handy, and takes all the guess work out of what to buy for each other!

<3

Katie (Lemon Jitters) said...

I have the Amazon wishlist button in my browser tool bar. Love it. It's like a private (sorta private, searchable by email address) Pinterest. You can add anything from any site. It's great for my husband, who can't remember any suggestion I give him.

cb said...

i always keep a little track of items i love. my etsy profile is filled with wonderful goodies!
xo,
cb