Tuesday, June 28, 2011

your shoes look like paper bags


I got these funky shoes from Gilt Group not long ago, and while they are a little eclectic, I love them! They are 80%20 hidden wedge heels, and they're actually quite comfortable. The only thing I don't like is that I have to constantly adjust the strap around the top so they stay pretty close to my leg. Other than that, they're great! I got a ton of comments, a few compliments, and several raised eyebrows when I wore these. My coworkers all commented on them...Scott even said it looked like I had paper bags tied around my ankle with a hole for my toes. I have to agree, they do look a bit like paper bags around the top, but I see no problem with that :)  I don't think they are the type of shoe that I'll wear every day, but I'll definitely be busting these out when I'm feeling spunky.

What do you guys think? Would you wear them?

Also, my 300th post is coming up very soon! I want to do something special, so if you have any ideas let me know! Happy Tuesday!

5 comments:

a little black cloud in a dress said...

these are so weird! But I like them. :] They're like something Gaga would wear to the office. haha

cb said...

i think those are super cute! i would wear them with a great summery dress!! you always get such great things from the gilt group!

xo,
cb

SewSweetStitches said...

What a neat concept, the heel inside the shoe like that! I think they'd be perfect for fall too...

Emma Litton said...

I think they're great, I would totally wear them!

xo,
Em

Janee Lookerse said...

Hey There, me again. Sorry if I came across as a little crazy in my message on etsy, I was just super excited to find you :) Those shoes are FABULOUS. I'd totally rock those. Don't worry about those raised eyebrows, they're just jealous. Also, those photos of your friend's kids from church are super duper cute :)

xoxo
Janee
yellowbirdyellowbeard.blogspot.com