Monday, June 20, 2011

family zoo outing

 Earlier this summer, I went to the zoo with Rhett's family. It was a great day out! I always enjoy little outings here and there, especially when they involve getting out of town. Rhett is the complete opposite...I think he'd be just tickled to never leave town. I predict lots of solo trips in my future! Anyway, I always enjoy hanging out with his family. I guess I'm pretty lucky that my future inlaws are so much fun to be around. (Before you ask, no ring yet, but after 5 years it's pretty obvious we'll be married someday)

passing time in the car making Kenli (Rhett's niece) laugh

 entrance to the Memphis Zoo





 when we walked through the open air bird exhibit, Kenli got pooped on. this was both gross and a little hilarious. don't worry, she was sufficiently sanitized afterward.



 the fish looked like it was smiling at Kenli

 that's Rhett holding Kenli on the left. he doesn't make the blog much since he hates having his picture taken

I hope you enjoyed the pictures! The Memphis Zoo is definitely one of the best places to go for a day trip in this area, and as of now it's the best zoo I've been to. It's pretty big and they have made a lot of great improvements on the exhibits in the past 5 years or so. They even do weddings there if that tells you anything about how pretty it is!

This past weekend went by extremely fast. I had a wedding Saturday and also saw Midnight in Paris, which was great. Sunday was full of family and food...lots and lots of food. I hope you all had a wonderful Father's Day weekend. Also, I'd like to say Happy Birthday to my sweet mom! She's spending her birthday at the beach, that lucky little booger.

2 comments:

alicia said...

i love the egyptian style entrance!

cb said...

such cute pictures and the zoo is such a great place to take the kiddos! i still need to go to the oakland zoo which is suppose to be really nice...maybe i should make that a thing to do this summer!

xo,
cb