Tuesday, May 31, 2011

weekend yardwork

 plants to go around the mailbox and a hydrangea bush to go beside the house

This weekend was pretty much perfect. I got a lot of work done on Saturday and hung out with some family in town. I also watched a movie with my cousin and his girlfriend before they headed out on Sunday. My cousin has lived here for the last few years, and he's now moved back up north. It was nice to spend some time with him before he left. Sunday after church I headed to my aunt and uncle's house for a whole day of relaxing by the pool! It was amazing. I got some sun, and also rested in the shade for a while...ah resting. It's so underrated. 

 Grandmamma in her floppy hat and the rosemary that I planted in my Eric Botbyl handmade planter

Then on Monday, my Grandmamma came over to work in the yard with my roommate and me. I spent forever in Lowe's getting plants and A NEW MAILBOX! I am excessively excited about having a new jumbo mailbox. Unfortunately, we couldn't attach it yet because of the lack of a wireless drill. This afternoon, we will be able to attach it and remove the twine :) That white paper on the front is a note to my mailman. I figured he might like to know that we actually were going to fix it up, rather than leave it unfinished. It'll be so nice for my packages to actually FIT in the mailbox now! 


Aside from the dozens of bags at the end of the driveway and the as-yet-unweeded front beds, I'm feeling good about the yard. Hopefully sometime in the next couple of weeks, we'll be able to finish getting the front beds cleaned out and get the plants out by the mailbox.

I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend as well!

5 comments:

Bre said...

Your photos are very inspiring for me to get up off the couch. I don't have a garden but there are things to be done around here, thanks!
Bre

cb said...

sounds like a really nice weekend! i will be doing some yard work this weekend and i can't wait to finish up all the weeding and plant some new things :D

xo,
cb

Mina said...

i would love to pland a hydrangeas bush too as they are my favorite flowres unfortnley i do not own a garden or any green space which is a pity cause i really love them.
xoxo
mina

Jenny said...

I wish I had a garden so I could spend the day planting and tending to my little plot. And your new mailbox is quite a beauty. The perfect new addition!

Gorgeous Glam said...

I need to do this too! You're inspiring me to get it moving! xo