Tuesday, May 17, 2011

definitive outfit

I know this is going to sound really lame, but I don't care. This outfit is something I think I could wear every single day. I go through a lot of phases with clothes, so I'm sure I'll be changing my tune in another month or so, but for now this outfit is so ME. For someone who takes pictures with a lot of color, I have developed a strange love of the muted palette.


I got this trench the other day from Brownbagvintage on Etsy.  It's the closest thing to pink that I own clothing-wise. I love it! It's my new favorite jacket, and I am secretly glad it's been cold the last few days so I could wear it. Alright, not to secret anymore, but whatever.


Yesterday I posted about the things I bought this weekend, and this shirt was mentioned. Gotta love a slouchy black top, right? See, I've always had a problem with low cut tops. It doesn't even have to be super low to look inappropriate on me. It's always annoyed me that I have to constantly pull up my shirts to not look immodest, so lately I've just been buying loose fitting, high-collar shirts. Luckily, I like the way they look, plus I like slim pants and I don't like to wear slim (read: skinny) pants with a shirt that doesn't cover my bum. So naturally, this shirt was the one I chose out of three closets FULL of clothes at that estate sale.

Do you guys have a "perfect" outfit? Do your tastes constantly change? I hope I'm not alone on that.

details:
top, faux pearl necklace: estate sale
locket: antique store
pants: Target
shoes: BCBGeneration

7 comments:

Stacey said...

The muted shade does look good on you though:-). Right now, i'm loving summer dresses because they are so comfortable and still stylish. XX

a little black cloud in a dress said...

it's cute! I have a hard time with slouchy necklines. My go-to outift is a pair of skinny jeans & a V-neck t-shirt. So boring.

cb said...

i love this outfit on you too! i love when you find something and you love to wear and you wish you could clone an outfit! hehe

i have a couple of outfits that when i put on i just feel represent me so much!

xo,
cb

Fashion Cappuccino said...

What a lovely trench coat! I love your outfit in the last photo! I'm very consistent with what I wear but sometimes I'll try new things but very rarely. xoxoxoo

TMFA said...

lovely coat!

veronika, tick tock vintage. said...

this outfit looks great on you! i love that the trench isn't typical tan.

cabin + cub said...

cute outfit.
oh boy, do i need to go shopping.. in search for my perfect outfit!