Wednesday, May 4, 2011

five great years


Today is what my boyfriend and I celebrate as our 5 year dating anniversary! I feel like a dating anniversary is a bit juvenile, but it's something I celebrate none the less.

We were still in high school when we started dated. After almost a year of me liking him and trying to "flirt" with him, he finally started to come around and feel the same way! He tells me now that when he first met me, he thought I was really weird. To his credit...I was. It was my last week of high school classes, and he was in Oklahoma for a 4-H land judging competition. We talked on the phone every night that he was gone, and that was back when we would talk for hours (now our phone conversations are usually no longer than 1 minute). One of the nights, I told him a few people had asked me if we were dating and I didn't really know what to say. That was my way of asking him if we were dating...and he said he figured I could just say we were. So that's where it began...

And 5 years later, here we are...me a college graduate and him graduating in 2 weeks. It's been a long and happy 5 years! We still laugh about the times back in high school when he thought I was strange, but really I don't think that's changed :)

7 comments:

cb said...

happy 5 year anniversary! may you have many many more celebrations together!!

xo,
cb

Oh, My Darling said...

Aw, happy anniversary! Hope you two celebrate in style!

Rhonda said...

Hey Girl! Congrats on the anniversary. Love the pics you posted to accompany the blog. Hope you two have many many more 5 years together. (p.s. Weird can be a good thing, ya know.)

Aunt Debbie said...

Love it!!! Brought a tear to my eye. You are a part of our family and I expect by this time next year if not before it will be official. Love ya.

Diana Mieczan said...

Awww..Happy Anniversary to you both!! Those photos are so sweet and I loved reading the post:) Aww...Muah, my dear

Ps: I’m hosting a stunning Sima Gilady jewelry GIVEAWAY today!

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Congrats!
very heartwarming story!
Cheers* to both!

a little black cloud in a dress said...

I think dating anniversaries are important! Bryan & I never seem to celebrate on the actual date of our meeting.. but we do try to do something special in October. Happy anniversary!