My readers may not care much about hearing the little details of my holiday activities, so I'm going to list them briefly (more so that I will remember them when my memory completely goes away).
- I participated in a 5k on Thanksgiving morning. I decided to do it the day before, so of course I was totally unprepared. I walked a lot of it, jogged the rest, and it was a wonderful start to my day. There were over 500 people there, and proceeds went to RIFA...I'm thinking RIFA had a VERY happy Thanksgiving!
- Lunch with my step-mom's family. Highlights include: from-scratch macaroni and cheese, diet dr pepper, and the company of my wonderful family.
- Dinner at Rhett's paternal grandparent's house. Highlights include: the gravy, the pistachio pudding, the desserts...(oh the choices!), the fact that they all tell me I'm a saint for putting up with Rhett :), and the one year old cousin.
- Black Friday, I woke up at 3am and went to J.C. Penney's. I stood in line for about 40 minutes. When they opened, I walked in, picked up the couple of things I came for, checked out, and left. I was back in bed at 4:30. The whole purpose of the trip was to get the free snow globe...
- Dinner at mom's got postponed until today (apparently there's a stomach virus going around...yuck). I ended up watching Home Alone with Rhett and putting up all my Christmas decorations! I don't have much, just a few snowmen and a Christmas tree with all the Shepherd's Haven ornaments on it. I guess that's the benefit of running their shop...I get to use the ornaments until they sell!
- After Rhett left I photographed some custom miniatures and some Shepherd's Haven ornaments for 4 hours. I am glad to finally have all that out of the way!
If you're still reading, thanks :)
I hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving!
oh and while we're on the subject, do you pronounce it THANKSgiving or thanksGIVING? Our family had quite a heated argument about it.