Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Recipe: Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes (Pretend it's Fall)


Ok, mine DO NOT look as good as the one's from this post. I'm still learning, so ya know. Anyway I love love love pumpkin recipes, even when it's not Fall. It's definitely harder to get a hold of pumpkin when it's not close to the holidays, but if you stock up ahead of time, you're good to go. I found the recipe online (here) and thought I would give it a shot for dessert one night.

stuffs for the crusts 

 line cupcake liners with the graham mixture

mixing up the filling in my poorly lit kitchen


Here is what you need for this recipe:
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
  • 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
  • 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
  • 8 ounces light cream cheese, softened (approximately 1 cup)
  • 1 cup plain canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
  • 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
And here's what you do:
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a standard-sized cupcake pan with 12 liners.
  2. In a small bowl, toss together melted butter, salt, and graham crumbs. Use a tablespoon measure to spoon 1 heaping tablespoons crumb mixture into each liner. Press down with back of spoon to flatten. Bake crusts for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
  3. Combine cream cheese, pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs, and pumpkin pie spice in a medium bowl. Beat on high with mixer for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Spoon batter evenly into cups and bake for 20-25 minute or until set. Serve warm, room temperature, or chilled. Cheesecakes may be made up to 4 days before serving.
THIS CONTENT IS FROM THE BB&B WEBSITE. IT IS NOT MY OWN RECIPE.

Instead of buying graham cracker crumbs, I used some I already had and just crumbled them up myself. You just put them in a bag and basically pound on it. It's quite a stress reliever! haha

Sorry this is kind of out of season, but I just love pumpkin recipes, I couldn't resist! Maybe you can just save it for later this year :) I hope you're all having a wonderful week!

No comments: