Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Fifty Years Shared


Recently I was asked to come shoot the 50th anniversary party for these two lovely people above, the Hudsons. Their daughter-in-law is Rhett's aunt, so I knew some of the family already. I was actually pleasantly surprised by how fun it was! There was a lot of laughing and story telling, which made for a wonderful afternoon of celebrating this great couple. I wanted to post some of my favorites here, so you guys can share in the joy of the day. 





I loved the picture comparison of them in their early days and them now! A lot of people were commenting on how spicy the older photo was :) It was so sweet to see them giggle and whisper to each other in between greeting people. I found myself thinking several times that I hope Rhett and I will still be best friends like that when we hit 50 years. I know that marriage is a lot of work, and couples like the Hudsons really give me hope!  


I was admiring these roses and Mrs. Hudson was telling me that her husband used to grow them. I don't know anything at all about gardening, so of course I admire anyone that can grow something as difficult as roses!




At the end of the party, the whole family got together for a quick snapshot. I would have done it outside but it rained the entire afternoon (just didn't want you guys to think I didn't consider that an outside photo would be prettier). My favorite of the family shots is the funny faces one! Let's face it, those are always the best ones. 

I hope you all enjoyed this glimpse into a great celebration. I am really looking forward to doing this for myself in about 49 1/2 years :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the blog Kristi and thanks again for shooting it. Love You!!!@

Lisa {A Piece of Lisa} said...

That's so sweet and I love the shots, they look so warm and genuine.