Friday, April 5, 2013

Left a Clouded Mind and a Heavy Heart

Last weekend we had a bit of fog on Saturday morning, and I wanted to take some photos around campus while it was still foggy. Of course by the time I got done with my errands, it was gone. Well this morning I woke up to more fog! It was actually a lot thicker than last time, but I decided to try taking pictures anyway. I came to work early so I wouldn't miss it, but it didn't end up lifting until after 9 anyway. Here are a few of my favorites








The title of this post is from Hopeless Wanderer by Mumford and Sons (listen here). I felt it was appropriate as I have had a heavy heart about something lately. I've been following a fellow Union alum's story about his struggle with cancer on GoTeamGray.com. There are a lot of people praying for him, and we are not losing hope that a miracle can happen! I know it may seem crazy to think there's any chance of recovery after the "non-curative" diagnosis, but crazier things have happened. I really loved their spirit and strength in this video. I have only met Will once or twice when he's played at Union, and I doubt he would even know who I am, but I have been so encouraged by his and Angie's show of faith during their struggle.

Sorry to be so melancholy on such a beautiful day (now that the fog has gone, it's 65 and sunny)! I felt like I needed to share Will's story in a small way. Even if you aren't a believer, hopefully you can find encouragement from them when you are enduring your own struggles.

2 comments:

a little black cloud in a dress said...

these photos are really good.

I'm sorry to hear about your acquaintance. :[

Liza B. Gonzalez said...

I certainly hope he pulls through. These pictures represent your feelings so beautifully.