Friday, December 14, 2012

Wishlist 2012 and 500th Post

Since this is my 500th post, I'm going to give you a list of 500 things that I want! ....

Just kidding. I don't think I could even come up with 500 things! Ok maybe if I spent a week on Pinterest, and included things that I could never possibly even have (like a private jet and the ability to teleport). Instead of doing that, I'll just give you a list of things on my radar this holiday season...a short list.


This is Polaroid's semi-new digital camera that will print you a sticker right at the touch of a button. It's a pretty brilliant upgrade to instant cameras, if you ask me! It definitely doesn't hold the same nostalgic quality that old school Polaroids do, but I don't think anyone is trying to see it that way. I could see this being a good alternative to a wedding photo booth. Just set up your background and have a friend snap photos of guests! You could print two stickers, one for the guest and one for a guestbook. Plus you'd have the digital files for Facebook later! I doubt I'll receive this as a gift (too $$$), but I am definitely considering purchasing it after the holidays.


Another one I'll probably buy for myself sometime soon. A battery pack for my camera. This will just put me at ease more when I have a long day of wedding shooting. I don't even have a backup battery, y'all...it's bad. I've never had my camera go dead, but if I ever want to shoot video, I'm DEFINITELY going to need this. 


Even though I did get an Epiphanie bag from Kaelah this past weekend, I'm still longing for the Austin. The one I got is working perfectly so far, so I'm thinking I'll use it for a while before I try to get this one. 


I would love to get my backgrounds installed on the wall! No more tripping over the stand (that's broken anyway), and I can hang multiple colors at once. Of course I'll need to paint the room first, since I won't be taking them down for a loooooong time. I'd like to at least have white and gray up all the time, and maybe a fun color just in case I ever need it. This will make shooting products so much more efficient! I would probably need Rhett's help though :) That's the last of the photography related things! I have about 6 lenses on my wishlist, but I won't bore you with all of those...plus they are way out of my price range right now anyway!


This is the Drew bedside table from Pottery Barn that has long been out of stock. I think it was from 4 or 5 years ago. How hard would it be to build that though? I think it looks fairly easy! I would love to build one for me and Rhett. Right now I'm using a floor lamp and he's using a gaudy green thing from a kid's bedroom suite. They function, but I want something a little cuter. 


I am almost 100% sure that I would really enjoy having a Keurig. I have resisted it because I think they are stupid expensive (the machine AND the cups). I am using my mom's Cuisinart and coffee that I usually buy at Marshall's for $6. A bag of $6 coffee will last me 3 weeks, so if I did get a Keurig, I'd be spending a lot more money. It would be soooooo much more convenient though. Rhett doesn't drink coffee, so the single serve aspect is perfect, plus I wouldn't have stinky coffee filters in the trash all the time. I'm not going to buy one myself, but if I got one, I wouldn't complain. (Sorry, mom, probably should have shared this with you sooner)


I have a spice rack, but it doesn't measure the spices out for me! This is a total want-but-don't-need thing, but it's just so cool. This thing measures out 1/4 tsp (or tbsp?) for you with each click, so you don't have to sit there shaking the thing until you get enough. I always make a mess with spices...though it's not THAT big of a deal to clean it up. I feel kind of bad wanting this...makes me feel lazy (I also want one of those robot vacuums).

There are also about a thousand sweaters I want right now, but who has time to wear a thousand sweaters? Target just has some really cute ones...but I'm being good. My credit card bill shouldn't suffer because of my sweater addiction. What do you guys have on your wishlist?

***I wrote this before the tragic shooting this morning, so I just want to add to it. Can you guys all just stop what you're doing for a minute and pray? Pray for peace in the hearts of those grieving.  Pray for law enforcement trying to sort everything out. Pray for civility among our nation. Negativity and hatred only add to the problem, so try to be loving and compassionate. I guess that's all I have to say...I wish I could understand more, but I just don't. I will never understand why this kind of thing happens, but I don't think anyone does.***

3 comments:

alicia said...

pretty sure i need that polaroid...

and yeah, i have no idea how someone could even THINK about committing such horrible acts let alone act on them. they need to just start putting mood stabilizers in the water system for the good of all!

also, i need that spice dealy.

<3

alicia said...

and congrats on your 500th post!

chantilly said...

ooh, that epiphanie bag looks gorgeous. i just got a jo totes one myself, as an early christmas present. i'm guessing epiphanie is awesome!