Saturday, December 15, 2012

Stitch Fix #7

I've posted a couple of my StitchFix boxes in the past, so you're probably already familiar with how it works. If not check out my older posts. This particular box has been my favorite so far! I feel like they really got my style right this time, and the prices were much more reasonable. If you have any doubts about whether they are hand-picking these things, this should prove that they are. I am pretty specific in my feedback, and I can totally tell they are listening to me. Here are the things I got in my box this time around (thanks to Rhett for taking my pictures so I didn't have to set up a tripod!)


 Dylan and Rose, Florian Overlap Tulip Pocket Skirt

While I think this skirt is really adorable, I just don't think it's for me. If it were a different cut and a little longer, I would probably go for it. It was just flashing a little too much leg under that overlap for my comfort :) I do work at a Baptist university after all! But you really can't beat a skirt with pockets, am I right?

Ladakh, Indre Holey Sweater Tunic (necklace by Laura Lombardi)

I really love the color of this tunic! I think I would wear this, but I'm not crazy about how it looks on me. I don't know why, but I'm not digging the holes all over. I usually like that kind of thing! I am glad I got this though because I checked out the rest of Ladakh's stuff and there are some great things! I will definitely be shopping there in the future.

Everly, Katherina Sheer Stripe Blouse

I love the keyhole back of this blouse, but the sleeves were sadly too tight. It was mainly the shoulder area, where I'm apparently a little more broad than most! I was also disappointed that you couldn't really see the stripe at all when you put the shirt on. It's got this really cool texture, which you can see in the right image, but that basically goes away when you have a shirt under it. 

Now for the two pieces I kept!


I LOVE THIS TOP! I don't have a lot of stripes and I've been wanting to get some more striped shirts, so this is perfect. I like the material a lot, and the blue on the sides is a great detail. I just love this! I probably won't wear it until the Spring or Summer, but I'm still keeping it. I think it'll be a cute top to wear to Rhett's business trip this year. It's going to be in Marco Island (woot woot!)

Blu Pepper, Granada 3/4 Sleeve Open Cardigan

I can definitely see myself wearing this cardigan a lot! I don't really have a good brown cardigan. I have an open weave one, but if it's windy at all that one is useless. I think this will be one I can wear when it's cold or when it's mild out. I don't need heavy sweaters except for maybe 2 months out of the year here in Tennessee, so lighter ones like this are much more practical.

If you haven't checked out StitchFix yet, you can see their new and improved website and maybe even sign up for your first Fix here!

I hope you're all having a pleasant weekend. It's been a fairly quiet day around here for me. I went for a run this morning, then met with a bride and groom and their moms. I also finished up watching Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, which was great! Predictable, but great. I recommend it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOooooh I love it all! Especially that striped shirt you kept. What a gem.

Anonymous said...

OOooooh I love it all! Especially that striped shirt you kept. What a gem.

Diana Mieczan said...

They all are super snazzy. I love that cardi so much and the striped top is so cute:) Beautiful, sweetie. Have a great start to the week. Muah

Hena Tayeb said...

I love the cardigan.. probably my favorite of the box.

cb said...

Oh that striped top! I love it and the cobalt ue panels soo great!! That color looks great on you too!
Xo, cb