Well it's here! Yeah, I know it was official 3 days ago, but it's just now sinking in for me. It always takes me a couple of days to get adjusted to the fact that it's a new year. I have never been a resolution maker, but I thought it would be fun to make a to-do list for the year. Something with a few things that were totally do-able and a few that would be a stretch. Some of them are just "keep it this way" things too, so it's not a true to-do list :)
I thought it would be fun to share my list here, and you can all keep me accountable.
- Raise $1500 for St. Jude. I'm raising money for them through my next race. It's a great platform to raise money for a wonderful organization! You can donate or share my page if you want to help me with this one :)
- Maintain running and good eating habits. I've been doing surprisingly well keeping up a healthy lifestyle. It doesn't even feel like work anymore! I'd love to maintain that for the rest of the year, and my life.
- Watch 100 movies in my book. This shouldn't be hard... For those that don't know what this means, I'm trying to watch all the movies in this book.
- Get the garage organized and keep it that way. Hopefully my roommates will help me with this one...I don't like spiders.
- Learn how to sew and make something. This one will be a stretch...but even if it's something as simple as curtains, I'll be happy!
- Switch to a king size bed. This is something I want when I get married. I'd like to get married this year, so I guess this is my way of having "get married" on my list without actually having it on there.
- Paint the kitchen. I'm tired of the bright green...ready for something a little more muted!
- Lay laminate floor in the studio. This will make my studio so much better! If money allows, this will definitely get done.
- Keep the house clean. Hopefully this is something I'll think about at least weekly. I'm not super clean (just really organized), so it might be hard.
- Change pricing and structure of photography. I want to change the way I do my freelance work to make it more worth my time.
- Keep taking my vitamins
- Do more photo challenges. I need to enter some contests or something.
- Read a book a month. This is totally do-able! I am actually really excited about this one.
- Last but certainly not least: Do good things for other people. I think this is a good general rule for life, but it helps to put it on a list :)