Monday, August 1, 2011

Justin and Coco


Earlier this summer I had the pleasure of photographing Justin and Coco (Coleen)'s wedding. They are such an adorable couple to be around. They are so obviously in love, and their love just bubbles over to everyone around them. It's hard NOT to smile when you're around these two! I was friends with Coco's brother, Jesse, in high school and Coco was also a student of my mom's. We've sort of known each other for several years now! I met Justin when I shot their engagement photos last Fall.




The wedding was in a really cute area of Troy, TN. We had a nice mixture of nature and urban scenery to use as backdrops. Coco had a very unique vision for her wedding, which included the photography. I have to give her credit for some of her fun ideas, like the bridesmaids shot from below. I was happy that I could bring some of her ideas to life!


We had to squeeze in most of the photos between the ceremony and reception, so FOCUS was the word of the day. One of my flaws as a wedding photographer is that I'm not very assertive. I can tell people what I need from them, but I don't have the force behind it to make people listen. Luckily, there were a lot of great people at this wedding that helped me corral everyone together and get the pictures done quickly. Justin and Coco were champs– they endured the heat with me the longest, along with Coco's dad, who helped carry the train.


 appropriate cake topper for the thespian lovers




There was some very enthusiastic dancing at this wedding. Honestly, pictures could not possibly capture the life of this party. I hope that a few people got some video, though even that wouldn't come close to actually being there. I think over half of my pictures for the day were from the reception! It's hard to put the camera down when there is so much going on, you know? Anyway, Justin and his friends are very theatrical, so there was a lot of fun to be had.

I hope you all enjoyed the pictures, and I hope you had a great weekend! Thanks Justin and Coco for such a great wedding experience <3

4 comments:

Aunt Angie said...

You are such a great photographer. If I ever get married I would love to have you make some pics for me.

cb said...

the first picture is so beautiful! i made a loud squeal when i say the bridesmaid shoes, they look soo cute!

xo,
cb

Anonymous said...

Kristi! This is one of my favorite weddings you've shot! Love these images :)

KristiMcMurry said...

Thanks, you guys! I was actually pretty happy with my work at this wedding too :) Margaret, you're too sweet! I can't wait till you get back...we'll have to have another tea day!