Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Ashley & Luke - Pink, Gold Opera House Wedding in Humboldt Tennessee

The pink and gold decor inside the dark and moody Opera House Event Hall in Humboldt was absolutely gorgeous for Ashley and Luke's wedding earlier this month. I loved how delicate everything looked, including Ashley's very ethereal dress.



When I arrived, the girls were upstairs getting hair and makeup done. I just kind of floated around getting shots of them and details around the venue.




Ashley's bridesmaids helped with the chalkboards.





Soon it was time for Ashley to get her dress on! Luke had arrived and it was time for their first look.






We took a few photos of Ashley, then Luke came up for the first look.



Ashley's mother passed away, and her aunt had this sweet picture added to her bouquet. Such a nice way to incorporate her memory into the wedding day!









I loved their first look! I left them alone for a few minutes, then we took some pictures of them together around the venue.



Luke was so not into the candid-style portraits. He was a trooper though!









We got the bridal party pictures done next.






The bridal party was a lot of fun! The girls were so easy to talk to and kind, and the guys had me cracking up all day.

Next Ashley's dad arrived, so I got some pictures as he saw her in her dress and had a gift for her.




We did some family pictures upstairs, and then waited as guests filed in before the ceremony.


The wind chimes belonged to Ashley's mother. She had tons of them, and absolutely loved to hear them ringing. After Ashley's stepmother was seated, the wind chimes were played in memory of  Ashley's mother. It was a very moving moment! It was subtle, but very special for Ashley.


Luke's mom almost had me crying! She loves her babies.


I was a little taken aback when I turned around and saw Luke welling up! I didn't expect him to, but he sure did. He just couldn't hold it back when he saw his beautiful bride coming down the aisle to finally say "I do!"





It was a super short ceremony! I loved that he dipped her for their kiss. That's always fun!


Everyone danced down the aisle, and then it was time for the reception. We did all the pictures before the ceremony, so they just went straight into having fun!




















What a lovely end to a beautiful day! Congratulations to the Dentons. I wish you all the best!

Venue: The Opera House Event Hall
Catering: Sandy Edwards
DJ: All Play DJ
Cake: Sweet Retreat Bake Shop
Wedding Planner: Dora Clayton

No comments: