Thursday, May 4, 2017

Grace and Ryan - Lilac DIY Wedding at Lambuth Chapel in Jackson Tennessee


Grace and Ryan's spring wedding last weekend was absolutely perfect. Sure there were a few obstacles along the way, such as Grace getting a new gown only two weeks before the wedding (so glad she went with her gut and got this gown...it's BEAUTIFUL), Ryan's vest buttons just inexplicably falling off and disappearing, and a delay with Grace's hair. None of those things put the slightest damper on this beautiful day!

I arrived at the Carbonell home pretty early in the day and got pictures of some details and of everyone getting ready.


Grace's sister Rachel (on the left) is pregnant and their mom made her dress so that they could make sure it would fit on the wedding day. So impressive! This family is just full of talent.





Once Grace was ready, we headed off to the chapel to get as many pictures as we could before the wedding. They did not do a first look, so we'd leave pictures of the two of them until after the wedding.




The girls were beautiful in their lilac! Perfect for a spring wedding.



Ok so I mention DIY in the title, and this is the main reason. Grace made all of the flowers! Out of paper! It all looked amazing. I couldn't believe how much detail and variety there was in these flowers. You'll see them more throughout this post. I still can't get over how great they looked. I didn't even know it was possible to make paper flowers that looked so real!



Grace also made edible flowers and vines for the cake (that her mom made). Remember how I said they were talented?




They did a non-first-look where they held hands and prayed from opposite sides of a door. It wasn't long before it was time to start the ceremony!






I don't see traditional blushers very often anymore, but I love the act of the father lifting the veil. It's a really sweet moment.


Grace's siblings played a song during the unity candle ceremony. They're a musical family, and I love they they were able to participate in this way!





They're married! It was a really sweet ceremony. We took family pictures then went straight over to the Jack Morris Ballroom for the dessert reception.






The desserts were all handmade, I believe by a family member.




With the dress bustled, Grace was free to twirl to her heart's content. It was absolutely stunning.



So y'all know I cry during basically every father/daughter moment. I was a mess during this dance. Lucky for me, I can hide behind that big camera! They danced to "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" from Cinderella (unless I totally misheard it...some of those older Disney songs run together). Either way it was moving. Grace was a literal princess.

I've worked with John (her dad) for the past 7 years, and he's a great guy, so it was really awesome to be a part of this big day for their family.







This is part of our Life Group from church. Several had already left, but we grabbed a shot of a few of us. I look Photoshopped in, but I swear I was there.


I sent my assistant Courtney out to get pictures their friends decorating the car.





They had a bubble exit, which I love, and off they went! ...to the other side of the chapel. We saved the best part for last! Portraits of just the two of them. It worked out great because it meant less to do between the ceremony and reception, and we had better light after the reception.












After we wrapped up pictures, they went back in to say goodbye before heading off for a beach vacation.

As you can see, it was a beautiful day! After a week of the forecast predicting rain, I was thrilled that by Friday the forecast had cleared. I'm so glad that Grace and Ryan chose me to photograph this day for them. It was an honor! Now I'm looking forward to getting to know them even better in our Life Group at church.

Congrats, you two!

No comments: