Sunday, February 2, 2014

Saying "See You Later" To Margaret

One of the only things I dislike about living in Jackson and still being involved at my alma mater is that the people I become close with often move on from this small city. Margaret is one of those people that has come to a point in her life where it's time to move on to a new place. Lucky for me, that place is only two hours away AND it's a place I visit often: Nashville. Despite being close, seeing her moving on is still tough. Margaret is one of those people I always get really excited about seeing. She's been a creative inspiration, a sounding board for my insecurities, and a source of many many laughs over the last few years. I wanted to document our last little get-together at her Jackson home, so here's the story...

















The people in these pictures are some of the most special people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. Kelsey was my roommate for quite a while (and I still miss living with her!); Ryan and Margaret are fellow creatives whom I met in school; Josh is one of the funniest and most thoughtful people I know, and we just sort of got to know each other through mutual friends; and Ben is Margaret's wonderfully talented fiancé. You can see Paige in a couple of the photos, she's also a former roommate and dear friend, and she was sweet enough to help move some of the furniture in her truck. I don't honestly think this will be the last time we all hang out together, but I know these moments will be few and far between as we all get older and make bigger career decisions. I guess I should just be grateful that we got Ryan back from Slovakia before Margaret moved. Otherwise we'd be missing a vital part of this friend group!
 
Change is inevitable (and healthy), but it's still sad knowing we can't just plan a last minute coffee date any day of the week anymore. I'll also really miss having her around to second shoot at weddings with me. Maybe if I book some weddings in Nashville, we can still work that out! I have several friends in other cities now (even two close girlfriends in Nashville), and I've been able to maintain those friendships through texting, social media, and occasional visits. I don't think it will be any different with Margaret, so I guess the next step is planning my first trip up to see her new apartment. Then the next step is going to Charleston to WATCH HER GET MARRIED! Ben is a truly lucky dude. 

I hope you all enjoyed the photo story! I haven't done anything like that since my photo journalism classes in college, so it was nice to just "document" rather than try to set things up. I hope I didn't annoy everyone too much ;). It will be nice to look back on these and remember that special breakfast. We were all together just doing what we do best: eating, laughing, discussing semi-important things, and making Kelsey uncomfortable with our stories. 

No comments: