Friday, February 21, 2014

Andy + Jen's Fall Wedding at Sloss Furnaces in Birmingham AL


I'm getting in wedding mode today as I'm preparing to shoot my second wedding in 2014. It's going to be a fun one! They are doing a 5k that morning, which I am going to document for them, and they are just all-around fun people. Anyway, I figured now was a good time to post these photos from Andy and Jen's beautiful Birmingham wedding last November (my birthday weekend actually!). Jen is my lovely friend Heather's sister, so I was more than thrilled to be shooting her wedding. Heather has been a great friend and mentor to me, and I am excited to shoot a few weddings with her this year.



Jen and Andy got married at Sloss Furnace in Birmingham, which is hands-down the coolest venue EVER. I would drive down and shoot there every weekend if I could! I would have loved it even more if they hadn't had their Halloween stuff still up. Apparently they host a haunted house, and from what I saw it is truly terrifying. I almost lost my lunch a couple of times when I went into spots with decorations still up. Despite that, there were some amazing photo locations! The house where Jen and her girls got ready was also pretty stellar. It was a rental, so it was nice and minimal, perfect for a photographer.



Jen and Heather's parents are such wonderful people. Mrs. Debbie actually made my wedding dress! She also made Jen's and her own, which you see in the photo above. Talented is an understatement for this lady.




















As you can tell, there is a LOT of love between these two. They were adorable. Another friend of mine, Aaron, whom you can see just a tiny bit in the right side of the exit photo, shot with me. He shot all of the guys photos, so that's why I don't have any. I loved working with him! And my good friend Margaret shot the video! So as you can tell, I was surrounded by friends that day, which made this wedding an absolute dream to shoot. Hope you enjoyed the photos! I love posting these because it almost feels like being there all over again.

No comments: