Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Starlight Symphony

I can't believe in my 25 years that I have never been to this fantastic event! Each year the Jackson Symphony hosts the Starlight Symphony on the lawn of First Presbyterian Church (i.e. the most beautiful church ever). You can't really see the musicians because there are so many people there, and the close spots are reserved for sponsors. If you get there early enough to get fairly close though, you can hear really well! My cousin and I got there about an hour and a half before the concert started and had a little picnic of sandwiches, grapes and the free ice cream sandwiches from the Bank of Jackson (my bank WOOT WOOT).




It was seriously so much fun. There were people there with canopies, full meals, fine china, wine, the works. We didn't go that far, but the picnic was quite nice. Plus I love hanging out with my cousin, Miranda, when I get a chance! Her fiance lives in Mississippi, so she spends most weekends there. We were also joined by a couple of other friends who had some Thai food that I was seriously wanting to steal.

I will definitely be going back to the Starlight Symphony in the coming years. They played some classic songs, specifically along the patriotic theme this year, but they also played popular tunes like Gotye's "Somebody that I Used To Know." One of the last songs is the 1812 Overture complete with cannons! They are loud, so they scared me the first time. It was so awesome though! I was glad I took a few snaps with my camera, but next year I might try to walk around and get some pictures of the actual symphony.

P.S. I found this AWESOME set of actions via my photographer friend Kristi Montague. You need to check them out and download them. I used Fuji Superia 100 for these.

2 comments:

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh my goodness, that sounds really wonderful. What a great way to spend a day:) LOVE! Kisses, darling.

alicia said...

when you said fine china, wine,etc. all i could picture was this:

http://youtu.be/foycHWwif_0

i can't believe there were cannons!
<3