Monday, August 19, 2013

Spectating in a Plain V

I realized the other day that I haven't done an outfit post in a hot minute! Part of the reason is because I haven't been buying clothes much lately, but I also just haven't been able to see my outfit photo taking buddy as much (sad). I wanted to take some today though because I'm wearing my wedding shoes! When I was picking them out, I knew I wanted something I could wear again and again. I didn't want them to be used once and never touched again like my dress. As you could probably guess, they were my something blue, so it's just sort of special to be able to wear them in my everyday life. They are honestly not the most comfortable shoes in the world, but I sit at a desk all day so I manage. If I could have a pair of spectator shoes in every color, that would be fantastic! Who do I talk to to get that going?



I paired the shoes with my simple mustard skirt and grey v-neck. I have been all about the plain v-necks lately! How very boring of me. Maybe I can break out of that rut soon! Though honestly I just love them so much for their comfort...and because I can get one in every color. Also I've had this JCrew v-neck for years, and it's still in perfect condition. The ones I get at Target usually get holes in them or start wearing out within 6 months, so that's just something to think about. As I'm getting older I'm realizing that the stuff that costs more usually is a lot better quality!


This heart necklace came from an antique store in town. It's basically just a gold setting with a purple glittery background and lace and a floral applique. It's so weird, and I absolutely adore it!


Check out those sexy mosquito bites! I love to sit out on my back deck with my dog, but I always regret it the next day when my legs are covered in bites. I guess it's just the price you pay! Other than mosquitos and humidity, this summer has been fantastic. I am so grateful for the few little heat breaks we've had. It's going to be interesting to see how cold it gets this winter!

Details:
top- JCrew
skirt- F21
shoes- Mod Cloth
necklace- vintage

2 comments:

a little black cloud in a dress said...

I'm so glad you threw in that jcrew bit. I am fed up with my target v necks and their darn holes!

alicia said...

i love those shoes - even with sexy mosquito bites! <3