Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Kills at the Cannery Ballroom


Alanna, Gabrielle and I went to see The Kills at the Cannery Ballroom in Nashville last night. It turned out to be a really great show! We were really close to the stage, but of course the closest people were all tall guys, so I still had to strain to see. There was also some twerp in a stinky leather jacket that squeezed us back despite my efforts to stand my ground (some people just plain amaze me with their chivalry).  I did manage to get a few decent pictures from the show, so I wanted to share them here.


They were both great performers. It's always a lot more fun when the musicians are really energetic...and that they were! I highly recommend seeing them live, even if you aren't a huge fan. I don't know all the songs by heart or anything, and I still had a great time.


I guess I should comment on my outfit, since I have a picture of it. That is seriously the most comfortable shirt I've EVER worn. I got it at Urban Outfitters a few weeks ago and saved it for this show. I've been really loving that kind of pattern lately. I went through a phase a few years ago where I bought a lot of those Aztec/Mayan-ish prints, and I guess I'm back in that phase. I'm glad I saved some of my pieces from a few years ago!

details:
shirt, necklace: Urban Outfitters
jeans: Express
shoes: Target
bag: Pangea (Nashville)


I hope you guys like the pictures! And if you've never listened to The Kills, here's my favorite song: Sour Cherry.  I actually did a video during Sour Cherry, but the quality looked pretty bad when I put it on YouTube. I'm going to try to fix it and post it, but until then you have LOTS of pictures! 

Happy early Easter!

2 comments:

sarah hayes said...

kristi, your outfit is awesome! your blog is so neat. i love the design. hope you're doing well! :)

<3

cb said...

yay how exciting! looks like they put on a great show! i need to go to a concert soon! glad you had a great time!

xo,
cb