Friday, December 3, 2010

YouTube Play

I stumbled upon this contest that the Guggenheim did a few months back. People submitted videos and they narrowed it down to the top 25. Well, once I started watching them, I had to watch them all! There were certainly some that I wouldn't have chosen, but there were a few that just blew me away.

From the Guggenheim website:
On October 21, the top videos selected by the YouTube Play jury were revealed and celebrated at the Guggenheim Museum in New York. The videos, which can be viewed below and on youtube.com/play, were presented at the Guggenheim Museums in New York, Bilbao, Berlin, and Venice on October 22–24, 2010. They comprise the ultimate YouTube playlist: a selection of the most unique, innovative, groundbreaking video work being created and distributed online during the past two years.

Here are some of my favorites:

Bathtub IV by Keith Loutit


I Met the Walrus by Josh Raskin


Noteboek by Evelien Lohbeck


Synthesia by Terri Timely


Words by Everynone

Well, I'm sure that's enough to keep you busy for a while! If you want to see the whole Top 25 you can go to the Guggenheim website. 

Happy Friday, everyone!

No comments: