Thursday, December 9, 2010

Mr. Benson - Slides

 

I shot some slides for the ceramics professor at our school, and I thought I'd share a few of them here. The DOF is a little shallow for slides, but I don't have a macro lens anymore. The biggest disadvantage to switching back to Canon was losing my awesome Nikon macro lens. My next big purchase will be a macro lens for Canon! 


I love how the glaze turned out on these bowls. I know absolutely NOTHING about ceramics, but I think the glazing is one of the hardest parts to get right.  


I can be honest here, right? I'm not a big fan of the tops of these canisters. I guess I just prefer something a little more "deliberate" if that makes sense. I do, however, love the shape of the canister and the purple tint in the glaze. So gorgeous!






There's just something I love about that red combined with the light blueish green (oribe? maybe...I have no idea). All the Benson pots that I have are either red or oribe...I don't have any of these that are combined. Maybe someday!


This is my favorite! I actually like the top on this one, and the glaze did some REALLY cool things. I'm not sure if this one sold...but I really wish I would have bought it. Paige (my roommate) and I have a pretty huge collection of pottery between the two of us. It's hard to add to it at this point since there's really nowhere to put it. I need a couple more mantles and display cabinets!

I'm glad Mr. Benson gives me the opportunity to shoot these. I actually sort of despise shooting pottery, but I make an exception for him!

Do any of you use handmade pots in your home?

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Yes, i do and these are breathtaking!

Marie said...

These are amazing!:D

I don't but my mom has a lot. Thanks for sharing.:D


***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

a little black cloud in a dress said...

I want a macro lens for my nikon. I think it's going to be my next buy for the camera.

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Beautiful kristi!
Love the imperfection perfect!