Friday, September 18, 2015

Bowen & Kailey's West Tennessee Church Wedding and Opera House Reception

A couple of weeks ago, I shot the Thigpen wedding in Bells. It was such a laid back and enjoyable day! I worked with Kailey's mom throughout the planning process, and I enjoyed getting to know her a little. Both Kailey and Bowen have such loving and close-knit families, and it was great seeing them come together on the wedding day. Kailey's dad was the officiant, and she was married in the church he pastors, which I know was very special to them. I'm so happy that I was able to be a part of this lovely day! 



Mrs. Pamela put together a little luncheon for the girls after their hair and makeup was done. This is Kailey enjoying the time with her bridesmaids.







You can tell that Kailey and her bridesmaids are very close! They are all college friends from Mississippi State.


Brother Chris seeing his daughter all dressed up! 


We had a good chunk of time for lots of bridals. 










Bowen's mother arrived and gave Kailey her something blue. I loved the relationship that Kailey and Bowen had with each other's family. Everyone was kind and wonderful to each other!


Bowen reading a letter Kailey wrote to him.  


Kailey wore a necklace that had her mom's engagement diamond on it. Very special part of the day!




I loved this shot of Bowen's brother giving his grandma a tic tac. I can relate.  


My wonderful second shooter, Tracye, got these shots of Kailey and her dad waiting to go down the aisle. Love these moments!



More great shots from Tracye. 










While I shot a few portraits of Kailey and Bowen around the church, Tracye raced to the Opera House in Humboldt to get some photos of the reception. She got some shots around the venue and of guests arriving. She ended up also getting photos of Kailey and Bowen coming in since they beat me there.


Cakes by Dumplins 










The band was awesome!  







Hilarious. This group of bridesmaids was a blast! 



 
Tracye snagged the shots of the girls and guys jumping for the bouquet/garter. I love having a second person to concentrate on them!





Doing some sports chants at each other. The girls were all from Mississippi State and the guys Ole Miss.









The night ended with a friendly rivalry between the Mississippi State girls and the Ole Miss guys. It was a great evening of celebration! Thanks so much to everyone who made it so special.

Reception Venue: The Opera House
Floral: Kent Freeman
Catering: Gena Mandle
Cakes: Dumplins

No comments: