Monday, July 20, 2015

Hollie Shea & DJ - Elegant Church Wedding in Jackson Tennessee

When Hollie Shea first contacted me, I was excited about photographing her wedding because she's from the town where I went to high school. I knew who she was, and I knew she was a wonderful person. We also happen to have the same alma mater! Needless to say, we know a lot of the same people, and everyone would tell you the same thing: Hollie Shea is an absolute doll! She honestly made me feel like the best photographer in the world with how happy she was to work with me. The feeling was mutual! It was a wonderful wedding from beginning to end. I'm so happy for her and DJ and wish them all the best.


She picked Aldersgate United Methodist Church for the gorgeous sanctuary. This is a little hidden gem in Jackson!




I thought this was the sweetest thing. They had a photo and little bio for each member of the bridal party. They also set one up for the guest book attendant, cake servers, etc..




Hollie Shea's mother, Vicky, worked hard all the way until the time she got dressed for the wedding!


The guys got ready in a couple of the Sunday School rooms, but it didn't take them very long. They just hung out and a few of them helped with little wedding details around the church.





DJ's sister Kariann did everyone's hair and did an amazing job! She works at Disney World, and I was having to keep myself from asking her 500 questions about working there. I kept it under control and only talked with her about it once. ha! If you know me, you know how much I love WDW!





After Hollie Shea revealed her final look to her girls, it was time for her first look with DJ!





Aren't they the sweetest?! They had gifts to exchange with one another as well. I know Hollie Shea gave DJ a watch, which he wore the rest of the day, and I'm pretty sure he gave her a Bible. I gave them some alone time after taking some shots, so they could enjoy a few quiet moments.




After this we took some portraits in the sanctuary (oh that gorgeous sanctuary!), we headed outside for some portraits in the shade. Luckily the shade made the heat bearable!









I loved the elegant bow from her sash. The bridal party also joined us outside for photos, and we tried to make it quick for the guys in their hot suits.




Hollie Shea and her best friend since childhood, Shelby.  




Hollie Shea attached a ring to her bouquet that was given to her by her friend Mallerie, who passed away from cancer a few years ago. This was a special way to include Mallerie in the wedding. After these photos, it was time to get ready for the ceremony, so everyone headed inside to cool off.


Hollie Shea's grandmothers were both adorable. 










Mr. & Mrs. Reynolds!


There were lots of hugs and tears after the ceremony. Hollie Shea is very close to her parents, and they were clearly proud of their baby girl and their new son!





The reception was in the church fellowship hall (fun fact: this is the room where I go to vote), and it was pretty crowded at the beginning. It just goes to show how much these two are loved that so many folks came to celebrate with them! After cutting the cake, doing the bouquet and garter toss, and mingling with everyone, we headed out for a few more photos before their big exit.







I LOVE the rose petals. They look so wonderful in photos. Hollie Shea and DJ headed out to their amazing tropical honeymoon. Congratulations, you two! It was such an honor to be there to document this day for you, and I hope you'll cherish these memories for years.

Floral: Essary's Florist
Venue: Aldersgate United Methodist Church

No comments: